Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Another One Bites The Dust...

I spent most of my weekend doing loads of laundry! I have a guest bedroom, that sadly has become my catch-all for dirty clothes. I had waited probably an entire month to have a major laundry day, other than a few loads here or there when I ran out of something or another. Gross, I know! I never claimed to be perfect. :)

Over the last few weeks work has been a bit stressful, with planning a move to a new office, end of the month, etc. my hours have been a bit extended. On top of that, add my new love for working out and avoiding drive-thrus, I just don't have enough hours in the day to keep up. So...my guest bedroom has been my dirty (literally) little, MASSIVE secret!


At about 8 loads in to my laundry, my closet decided to put my task on hold...when this happened! Eek!

My Closet Rack...only About 2 Feet Lower than Where it Started!


All The Clips Broke, or Ripped Out of The Wall!


I was actually thinking to myself, I'd love to get into another home improvement project, other than painting! I guess my 84 year old house heard me. Guess I'll keep my thoughts to myself next time...

Now what to do with this closet? Most of you know I have an obsession with Ikea! I'd love to get rid of the horrible white grates and turn more towards Swedish bliss or Sex and The City, ohh laa laah Carrie, style! However, with the shape of this closet looking more like a long hallway, I can't quite figure out how I would make my closet transformation happen?

I have two identical closets on each side of my room. Part of me wants to knock down both closet walls so I could make one large closet and just extend my room in one direction. Essentially, not losing space in either closet real-estate or bedroom real-estate. Just shifting and combining the two closet spaces, making a more functional closet space. The other half of me is screaming "DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!"

I haven't quite moved up to being adventurous enough to knock down a wall or two, at that!! In time though...I see some disasters coming my way!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure you can find a great organization unit at IKEA!! But I would definitely be tempted to knock out some walls and get a bigger closet :)

    ReplyDelete