Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Good Riddance to Glidden!

Unlike the saying, I won't be waiting till a "third times the charm moment"! Glidden brand paint has failed me again! After the suggestion of the Home Depot paint staff to try out samples on Glidden paint choices, because Glidden is known for not actually matching their paint swatches...I decided to stay on the safe side and buy some small paint samples.

I had stuck with this brand for every paint purchase in my home since it was a great bang for my buck. The quality of the paint is great and it spreads evenly. Not to mention it's several dollars cheaper than the other Home Depot Brands but still seems comparable in product. Their colors seem to be quite contemporary and have a massive selection of the bold hues I've been selecting throughout my rainbow inspired house. However, on my previous two paint picks, the color has been completely off. After spending $10 in samples to test out the paint, the value per gallon is completely lost. So after this last mishap, it's Good Riddance to Glidden!!

I've been searching for a lime green color to paint my kitchen with. My few requirements are that I don't want it to look like a highlighter, neon black light paint, blind me when I walk into my kitchen or glow in the dark. Ding, Ding, Ding, we have a winner!! NOT!! Unfortunately, all of my color choices, even Granny Smith Apple, the darkest non-bright color that I thought would be way to puke green, ended up "Ouch, MY EYES!" bright.
Look How Muted These Shades Are Compared To The Wall...
Another Shot of the $3 a Pop Paint Samples That Do NOT Match The Swatches!
And Finally...On The Wall!! Holy Heck, What Happened?
Does anyone have any suggestions for a new paint brand to use? So frustrating! While I like the idea of sampling paint, I'm now stuck with a kitchen that has 3 random green (YELLOW) splotches on it! Awesome!

9 comments:

  1. Go with Valspar from Lowes, the color has always been true and it applies easily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess that means I'll have to start endorsing Lowe's now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. A vital source for the audience that takes the reader step by step.Commercial roofing

    ReplyDelete
  4. It’s very informative and you are obviously very knowledgeable in this area. You have opened my eyes to varying views on this topic with interesting and solid content. soft kibble dog food for seniors

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found that site very usefull and this survey is very cirious, I ' ve never seen a blog that demand a survey for this actions, very curious... Soft dog food for older dogs with bad teeths

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent website! I adore how it is easy on my eyes it is. I am questioning how I might be notified whenever a new post has been made. Looking for more new updates. Have a great day! cash homes near me

    ReplyDelete
  7. Through this post, I know that your good knowledge in playing with all the pieces was very helpful. I notify that this is the first place where I find issues I've been searching for. You have a clever yet attractive way of writing. cbd canada

    ReplyDelete