Thursday, December 2, 2010

Dogs Can Be Burped



It was about 4 in the morning when I thought to myself, "No one will believe me when I tell them I spent my night like this. I've got to start a blog!" And that's how this all starts. While burping my 90 lb Great Pyrenees/Lab mix (more on that later) I decided I had to share my ridiculous, yet ordinary life.

So Hi! I'm, Alana, a 25 year old, young professional umm...adult hmm...let's just call me young. I have two fur kids, Brutus and Annie who will more than likely be the stars of this blog. They were both pound puppy specials, adopted from high-kill shelters.

Aren't They Cute?

I recently purchased my first home in April, on my own, where Bru, Annie and I live the good life. Well, as much as we can on my one person budget. Against the advice of my Brother, (a DIYer/Engineer) I chose an 84 year old home that is full of character (read problems). Since moving in, my water heater burst, washer broke and my upstairs bathroom sink decided to backup as well as let a pipe or two corrode. It's definitely been an adventure in home ownership. Congratulations to me, I own a Money Pit$!

Hopefully this blog will help me document the random DIY projects as well as anything else that I may stumble into. Whether it be looking for a Mr. to add to my happily ever after or any other random happenings going on in my day to day life, I'll be sure to update here.

But for now, I'm going on lunch so I can take a nap in my car...burping a 90 lb dog all night takes work! Stay tuned for my next update...unless you have a weak stomach, then I'd skip this one.


No comments:

Post a Comment